Monday, January 3, 2011

5 Problem Solving Methods

Avoidance - Accomodation - Competition - Compromise - Collaboration

Avoidance: I ignore or refuse to acknowledge the existence of conflict.
As a result, " I lose - you lose," because nothing can be done about it.

Accommodation: I do what you want in order to satisfy your needs or wants.
As a result, "I lose - you win," because I had to give up what I wanted or needed.

Competition: Either you or I will win, but not both of us. This is a form of fighting.
As a result, "I win - you lose," because only one can win.

Compromise: You and I both give up part of what we wanted or needed to settle the problem.
As a result, "I win some- you win some," because we were both will to give a little.

Collaboration: You and I work together to find an agreeable solution to the problem.
As a result, "I win - you win," because we were willing to work together.

Collaboration is the best method for solving all problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment